Friday August 14, 1987US date format: 8/14/1987, UK date format: 14/8/1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 14, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sinem Kobal and Pensacola (Florida).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Boyfriends and Girlfriends, directed by Éric Rohmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Cultural Literacy by E. D. Hirsch Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching G-Force: Guardians of Space.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baseball The Season II or Dizzy - The Ultimate Cartoon Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1987 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Sinem Kobal
- Pensacola (Florida)
- Tim Tebow: American football quarterback.
- Chrystina Sayers: American singer and dancer (Girlicious).
- James Buckley: English actor.
- Sammy Adams: Rapper.
- Les Miserables, opens at Rock Theatre, Szeged Hungary
- All the children held at Kia Lama, a rural property on Lake Eildon, Australia, run by the Santiniketan Park Association, are released after a police raid.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- The Jets - Cross My Broken Heart
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?