Saturday 25 July 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nathan Lawrence and Fernando .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Alone by Heart.
In UK It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
The Living Daylights, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Misery by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Syndrome or E.O.S.: Earth Orbit Station.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1987!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1987 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Nathan Lawrence: American actor.
- Fernando : Soccer Player.
- Michael Welch: American actor.
- Mitchell Burgzorg: Dutch footballer and rapper.
- Malcolm Baldrige: Jr.
- USSR launches Kosmos 1870, 15-ton Earth-study satellite.
- The East Lancashire Railway, a heritage railway in the North West of England, is opened between Bury and Ramsbottom.
- Four hundred Iranian pilgrims are killed in clashes with Saudi Arabian security forces in Mecca.
- Docklands Light Railway in London, the first driverless railway in Great Britain, is formally opened by Elizabeth II.
- An F4-rated tornado devastates eastern Edmonton, Alberta. Hardest hit are an industrial park and a trailer park. 27 people are killed and hundreds injured, with hundreds more left homeless and jobless.
- The World Commission on Environment and Development, also known as the Brundtland Commission, publishes its report, ''Our Common Future.''
- The Federal Communications Commission rescinds the Fairness Doctrine, which had required radio and television stations to ampquotfairlyampquot present controversial issues.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 July 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Heart - Alone
- Bob Seger - Shakedown
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
- Crowded House - Something So Strong
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- The System - Don't Disturb This Groove
- Expose - Point Of No Return
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?