Wednesday 14 May 1958US date format: 5/14/1958, UK date format: 14/5/1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1958). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Topp and Arnaud Bedouët.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The White Witch by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Music Bingo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1958
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1958 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Arnaud Bedouët: French actor, playwright and director.
- Linda Topp: New Zealand twin, gay musician and song-writer.
- Jools Topp: New Zealand twins and entertainers.
- Christine Brennan: American journalist and author.
- Chris Evans: English-Australian politician 26th Australian Minister for Employment.
- Jan Ravens: English actress and screenwriter.
- Wilma Rusman: Dutch runner.
- Andrus Vaarik: Estonian actor and director.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Champs - Tequila
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?