Friday May 16, 1958
US date format: 5/16/1958, UK date format: 16/5/1958
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 16, 1958). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gitane Demone and Glenn Gregory.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Masters Of Deceit by J. Edgar Hoover was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Music Bingo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 16, 1958?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- See more
- Walter Irwin flies 2,259 km/h in F-104A Starfighter
- Jeroom Verten [Jozef F Vermetten]: Flemish playwright, dies at age 49.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 16, 1958?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Champs - Tequila
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free