Sunday 25 May 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Weller and Slavica Ecclestone.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Attorney For The Damned by Arthur Weinberg was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jefferson Drum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 May 1958 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Paul Weller: Rock Singer.
- Slavica Ecclestone
- Dorothy Straight: 4 year old author (How World Begun).
- Paul Weller guitar (Jam - "This is the Modern World": Style Council).
- Carrie Newcomer: American folksinger.
- Aikaterini Batzeli: Greek politician.
- Katerina Batzeli: Greek politician.
- Zahida Manzoor: English businesswoman.
- Claus Minah: Singer (Scorpions).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?