Wednesday 28 May 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yvet Anna .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Life Plus 99 Years by Nathan F. Leopold was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1958 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Mikulas Schneider-Trvavsky: Composer, dies at 77.
- Marlene Hagge wins LPGA Land of Sky Golf Open.
- French Government of Pflimlin resigns; 200,000 demonstrate against Charles de Gaulle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
- The Four Preps - Big Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?