Tuesday 27 May 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linnea Quigley in Davenport and Claudio Pollio.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1958 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Linnea Quigley in Davenport: Iowa, USA; actress (Night of the Demons, Virgin High).
- Claudio Pollio: Italian professional wrestler and winner of the Gold Medal at the Moscow Olympics in 1980.
- Wayne Williams: American homicide; arrested for murder at age 24 while living at home with his mom and dad.
- Nick Anstee: English accountant and politician 682nd Lord Mayor of London.
- Neil Finn: New Zealand singer-songwriter and mandolin player (Split Enz Crowded House Finn Brothers The Mullanes 7 Worlds Collide and Pajama Club).
- Linnea Quigley: American actress and producer
- Jesse Robredo: Filipino politician 23rd Filipino Secretary of the Interior (d. 2012)
- Vanguard SLV-1 launched for Earth orbit (failed).
- The F-4 Phantom II makes its first flight.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 May 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
- The Four Preps - Big Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?