Friday 14 May 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include BeardyMan and Marc Machin.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, directed by Carl Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ms. Pac-Man or Chicken!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1982!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1982 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- BeardyMan: English beatboxer.
- Marc Machin: French victim of judicial error, acquitted in late 2012 after being found guilty of a double murder he did not commit and spending seven years in prison.
- Anjelah Johnson: Comedian.
- Beardyman : English singer.
- Ai Shibata: Japanese swimmer.
- Stanimir Todorov: Bulgarian figure skater
- Hugh Beaumont, American actor (Ward - Leave it to Beaver), dies at age 73 (born 1909).
- Guinea adopts constitution.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 May 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?