Friday 14 May 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Widell and Curt Harnett.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Oxford History Of The American People by Samuel Eliot Morison was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching M: Monitor.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 May 1965 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Curt Harnett: Toronto, Ontario -- Sprint cyclist (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Dave Widell: NFL center / guard (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Joey Cora: Caguas, Puerto Rico -- Infielder (Seattle Mariners).
- Joey Cora in Caguas: Puerto Rico; infielder (Seattle Mariners).
- Kelvin Martin: NFL wide receiver (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Farid Melouk: French criminal, suspected of belonging to the GIA, an Algerian militant group, arrested in 1998 after a shootout with police in Brussels, Belgium, and later sentenced to nine years in prison.
- Eoin Colfer: Irish author.
- Emma Forbes: English radio and television host.
- Frances Perkins: American writer and government official, the first woman member of a presidential cabinet, serving as Secretary of Labor for President F.D.
- 2nd Chinese atom bomb explodes
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?