Monday 14 May 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, directed by Gore Verbinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales from the Pub.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baby Pals Konnichiwa Akachan or Rock Band.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 May 2007 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 May
- A meteor likely causes a 2.1-magnitude earthquake in Hubbardton, Vermont, USA.
- Legislative and local elections are being held currently in the Philippines. (Philippine Daily Inquirer)
- Jorge Daniel Castro, the head of the Colombian National Police force and Guillermo Chavez, the intelligence chief, resign over an illegal wiretapping scandal. (BBC)
- A death threat was mailed by PKK to CHP, MHP, DYP and AKP to withdraw their Van and Hakkâri candidates to the 2007 general election in Turkey. (Hürriyet)
- United States Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty will resign, two Justice Department officials tell The Associated Press. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Top Palestinian Security Official, Hani Kawasmeh, quits in protest on Monday as Sunday's ceasefire is broken, with fighting across Gaza between Hamas and Fatah killing 8 and wounding 40. Fighting began as both sides set up security checkpoints and kidnapped rivals as bargaining chips. (Washington Post)
- President George W. Bush orders United States government agencies to take regulatory steps to reduce automobile emissions. (Bloomberg)
- The U.S. military is to block troops from using YouTube and MySpace and 11 other popular websites for sharing photos, video clips and messages. (BBC)
- 2007 Pakistan unrest: A strike in Pakistan closes shops and clears transport from the roads after two days of violence in Karachi left 41 people dead. (BBC)
- The House of Councillors passes rules for revising the pacifist Constitution of Japan, a central goal of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. (Bloomberg)
- Ten people die in an explosion and fire in a cafe in Orsk, Russia. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The President of the Republic of China Chen Shui-bian names Chang Chun-hsiung of the Democratic Progressive Party as the new Premier of the Republic of China. (BBC)
- Nominations open for the leadership of the United Kingdom Labour Party with Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown as the favourite. (BBC)
- An ethics panel of the World Bank Group finds that its President Paul Wolfowitz was guilty of violating his contract when arranging a compensation package for Shaha Ali Riza with whom he had a relationship. (Bloomberg)
- A new species of hummingbird is discovered in Colombia. (ABC News)
- DaimlerChrysler announces it has sold 80.1% of its stake in the Chrysler Group to Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity firm for $7.4 Billion. It is announced that the corporate names are to be changed to ''Daimler AG'' and ''Chrysler Holding LLC''. (WDIV-TV)
- The Alaskan cruise ship ''Empress of the North'' strikes an underwater rock on day two of a seven-day tour, and evacuates all 281 passengers on board. (CTV News)
- Twenty four members of a marriage party killed and 30 more injured when their van collides with a truck in the district of Adilabad, in Andhra Pradesh, India. (Saisat)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 May 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?