Wednesday 14 September 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joshua Culbreath and Harry Sinden.
Maedchen in Uniform, directed by Leontine Sagan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Sheltered Life by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1932!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1932 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Joshua Culbreath: Pennsylvania, United States -- 400m hurdler (1956 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Harry Sinden: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager.
- John Tembo: Malawian politician.
- Jean Emile Paul Cras: Composer, dies at 53.
- Military coup in Chile under Arturo Alessandri
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?