Monday 14 September 1942US date format: 9/14/1942, UK date format: 14/9/1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Juillet and Kuldar Sink.
West of the Law, directed by Howard Bretherton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1942 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Alain Juillet
- Kuldar Sink: Composer.
- Oliver Eugene Lake: Composer.
- Henri Arino: French military officer, counter admiral...
- Bela Karolyi: Coach.
- Oliver Lake: American saxophonist flute player and...
- Roger Lyons: English union leader.
- Bernard MacLaverty: Irish author playwright and...
- Suzan Carson: American serial killer convicted with...
- ES Gosney: American eugenicist (Born 1855).
- German troops occupy train station Stalingrad-1
- Yanks clinch pennant #13