Monday 14 September 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kuldar Sink and Oliver Eugene Lake.
Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror, directed by John Rawlins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1942 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Kuldar Sink: Composer.
- Oliver Eugene Lake: Composer.
- Henri Arino: French military officer, counter admiral (rear admiral) in the navy.
- Suzan Carson: American serial killer convicted with her partner Michael Bear Carson for three murders between 1982 and 1983 in California and the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Oliver Lake: American saxophonist flute player and composer (World Saxophone Quartet).
- ES Gosney: American eugenicist (Born 1855).
- German troops occupy train station Stalingrad-1
- Yanks clinch pennant #13
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 September 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?