Monday 14 September 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Raimbourg and Claudette Colbert.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1903 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Lucien Raimbourg: France Actor.
- Claudette Colbert: Actress.
- Mart Raud: Estonian poet and author (d. 1980).
- New York Giants Red Ames no-hits Saint Louis, 5-0 in a five inning game.
- Joseph Chamberlain resigns as British Colonial Secretary, in order to campaign publicly for Imperial Preference.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Always in the Way - Byron G. Harlan
- Congo Love Song - Mina Hickman
- You Can't Fool All the People All the Time - Arthur Collins