Monday 14 September 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Raimbourg and Mart Raud.
Tôkyôza katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Lovey Mary by Alice Hegan Rice was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1903 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Famous Birthdays:14 September
- New York Giants Red Ames no-hits Saint Louis, 5-0 in a five inning game.
- Joseph Chamberlain resigns as British Colonial Secretary, in order to campaign publicly for Imperial Preference.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?