Monday 15 April 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Teresa Wentzel DeWitt in Fort Braggm North Carolina and Philippe Lucas.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while O Ye Jigs & Juleps! by Virginia Cary Hudson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Frau Susanne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1963 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Teresa Wentzel DeWitt in Fort Braggm North Carolina: USA; double trap (Olympics-1996).
- Philippe Lucas: French swimming coach, reputed to be very demanding.
- Alex Crawford: Nigerian-South African journalist.
- Manzoor Elahi: Pakistani cricketer.
- Bobby Pepper: American journalist.
- Edward ''Carji'' Greeves: Australian rules footballer (Born 1903).
- 70,000 marchers arrive in London from Aldermaston, to demonstrate against nuclear weapons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- The Orlons - South Street
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?