Saturday 15 April 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José Anigo and Luca Barbarossa.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
La Dolce Vita, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Don'T Tell Alfred by Nancy Mitford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1961
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1961 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- José Anigo: French football defender, who played for Marseille (1979–1987) and Nîmes (1987–1990).
- Luca Barbarossa: Italian singer of popular music.
- Lynne Austin: Plant City, Florida -- Playmate (Jul, 1986).
- Tiina Lillak: Finnish champion javelin thrower, she won a silver medal at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics.
- Neil Carmichael: English academic and politician.
- Music Man closes at Majestic Theater in New York City after 1375 performances.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?