Wednesday 15 December 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Death By Cube or Dragon Collection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 15 December 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 December
- Communist rebels in the Philippines kill 10 soldiers as they returned to base to observe a Christmas truce. (''Straits Times'')
- Dozens of people are dead following an explosion outside a mosque in the Iranian city of Chabahar. (Press TV)
- The mummified remains of the head of King Henri IV of France have been discovered in the garage of a French retiree. (Time)
- Cuba unveils its own version of Wikipedia. (''The Guardian'')
- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is TIME's 2010 Person of the Year. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange wins top place in the reader's poll. (CS Monitor)
- Lehman Brothers bondholders, including hedge fund manager Paulson Co., file a plan for the reorganization of that defunct broker-dealer, presenting the New York bankruptcy court with an alternative to the plan Lehman itself filed earlier in the year. (Reuters)
- Ghana is to begin pumping its first oil since a discovery in an offshore field three years ago. (''Times LIVE'')
- At least twenty-seven asylum seekers, mostly from Iraq and Iran, are feared dead after a boat carrying 70 people crashes into cliffs on the coast of Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean. (BBC)
- A bus plunges into a reservoir in the Indian state of Karnataka resulting in the death of 27 people. (BBC)
- An aircraft goes missing in Nepal with 22 people on-board. (''The Himalayan Times'')
- Four children are seriously injured in a mine explosion in Battambang Province, northwestern Cambodia. (Xinhua)
- Two Air Force pilots are killed after their twin-seat trainer aircraft crashed during a training mission in Taiwan. (Focus Taiwan)
- Senegal recalls its ambassador to Iran, saying that Iran had not provided an adequate explanation for an arms shipment seized in Nigeria. (Africa News)
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao begins a trade visit to India. (''China Daily'')
- Palestinian firefighters who helped fight the Carmel fire in Israel last week are refused a permit to enter Israel for a ceremony in their honor. Officials said the firemen were denied entry as result of a ampquottechnical mishapampquot. (Ynet)
- 700 people are arrested in Moscow, Russia, in attempt to prevent ethnic clashes over the shooting of a football fan. (BBC)
- The Obama administration launches legal action against BP and its partners to recover the cost of cleaning up the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. (Reuters)
- The Constitutional Court in Sudan agrees to hear a petition by lawyers for the dissolution of the body organising the referendum on Southern Sudan's independence. (''Sudan Tribune'')
- An alliance of opposition parties that endorse the presidency of Alassane Ouattara in the Ivory Coast call for mass protests, following the presidential election. (''New York Times'')
- Cuba refuses to grant a visa to dissident Guillermo Fariñas so that he could receive the Sakharov Prize in France. (BBC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 December 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?