Monday August 15, 1977US date format: 8/15/1977, UK date format: 15/8/1977
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1977). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Igor Cassina and Nicole Paggi.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Best Of My Love by The Emotions.
In UK Angelo by Brotherhood Of Man was in the top 5 hits.
Hum Kisise Kum Naheen, directed by Nasir Hussain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank by Erma Bombeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Be My Guest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boot Hill or Depthcharge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1977
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1977 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Igor Cassina: Italian gymnast.
- Nicole Paggi: American actress.
- Ed Ackerman
- Martin Biron: Canadian ice hockey goaltender.
- Anthony Rocca: Australian footballer and coach.
- SS chief Kappler escapes from prison hospital in Rome
- The Big Ear, a radio telescope operated by Ohio State University as part of the SETI project, receives a radio signal from deep space; the event is named the ''Wow! signal'' from the notation made by a volunteer on the project.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- Commodores - Easy
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Crosby, Stills and Nash - Just A Song Before I Go
- Alice Cooper - You And Me
- Bay City Rollers - You Made Me Believe In Magic
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Floaters - Float On
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
- Devil's Gun - C.J. & Company
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- War - L.a. Sunshine
- Philadelphia International All Stars - Let's Clean Up The Ghetto
- Slave - Slide
- Dorothy Moore - I Believe You
- Ohio Players - O-h-i-o
- The Whispers - Make It With You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?