Monday 24 October 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Gilles Gennes and Guy Pauthe.
Night After Night, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1932!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1932 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Pierre-Gilles Gennes: French physicist; won a Nobel Prize for Physics 1991 for studying boundary lines between order and disorder.
- Guy Pauthe: France sport Champion.
- Stephen Covey: American author and educator (d. 2012).
- Pierre-Gilles de Gennes: French physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- Adrian Mitchell: English journalist author poet and playwright (d. 2008).
- Robert Mundell: Canadian economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- British government signs trade treaty with USSR
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 October 1932
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?