Tuesday 15 March 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Sanders and Donna Smith.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
The Cranes are Flying, directed by Mikhail Kalatozov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while The Elements Of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1960!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 March 1960 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Chris Sanders: American animator and director.
- Donna Smith: Portland, Oregon -- Playmate (March, 1985).
- Marco Pennette: American television producer.
- Michael Pagliarulo: American athlete.
- Spyder-D : American professional old-school rapper and producer from New York City.
- Mike Pagliarulo: American baseball player and coach.
- Phil Walsh: Australian rules footballer and coach (d. 2015).
- National Observatory at Kitt Peak, Arizona dedicated.
- Key Largo Coral Reef Preserve established (first underwater park).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?