Tuesday 15 October 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angela Rock and Stanley Menzo.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while My Darling Clementine by Jack Fishman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1963 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Angela Rock: Lakewood, California -- WPVA volleyballer (US Open - 1992).
- Stanley Menzo: Suriname -- Dutch soccer goaltender (Ajax / PSV).
- Horton Smith: Horton Smith.
- Ludwig Erhard follows Conrad Adenauer as West German Chancellor
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?