Tuesday 22 October 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cherie Witter and Brian Boitano.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1963 ?
- Cherie Witter: Everett, Washington -- Playmate (February, 1985).
- Brian Boitano: American pro figure skater.
- 225,000 students boycott Chicago schools in Freedom Day protest.
- A BAC One-Eleven prototype airliner crashes in UK with the loss of all on board.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 October 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?