Sunday 27 October 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Deborah Moore and Farin Urlaub.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1963 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Deborah Moore: London, England -- Actress (Danielle-Day of Our Lives).
- Farin Urlaub: German singer and guitarist (Die Arzte).
- Marla Maples: American model and sometime actress, a gorgeous woman best known for being the "other woman" in the Donald and Ivana Trump split.
- Bip Roberts: American baseball player: 2nd base/outfield, Royals.
- Tom McKean: Scottish runner.
- Bob Simpson completes 359 for NSW vs. Queensland at Gabba
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Phoenix Thunderbirds Golf Tournament
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 October 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?