Saturday 26 October 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Casillas and Kerri Lynne Rosenberg in Burlington.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1963 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Tony Casillas: NFL defensive tackle (NY Jets, Dallas Cowboys).
- Kerri Lynne Rosenberg in Burlington: Iowa, USA; Miss Iowa-America (1991-top 10).
- Remy Heitz: French jurist, a professional judge appointed vice-prosecutor of the Parisian high court in September 2001, and as "Mr Sécurité routière" (Mr.
- Tom Cavanagh: TV Actor.
- Ted Demme: American film and television director (d. 2002).
- Natalie Merchant: American singer-songwriter and pianist (10 000 Maniacs)
- Elizabeth Gunn: New Zealand soldier and pediatrician (d. 1963).
- US performs underground nuclear test at Fallon, Nevada
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?