Monday 28 October 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eros Ramazotti and Kevin Dineen.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1963 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Eros Ramazotti: Italian pop musician / songwriter (Adesso Te).
- Kevin Dineen: Quebec City, Quebec -- NHL right wing (Hartford Whalers).
- Lisa Bettio: Cleveland, Ohio -- WPVA volleyballer (Ft Myers Beach-17th - 1992).
- Veronica Gamba: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Playmate (November, 1983).
- Isabelle Giordano: French journalist, television and radio presenter, and since late April 2013 the Executive Director of Unifrance Films.
- Christian Plaziat: French decathlete, he won at the 1990 Split European championships.
- Sheryl Underwood: American comedian
- Lauren Holly: Bristol, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Picket Fences)
- Verónica Gamba: Argentinian model and actress
- James Miller: American parachutist and paraglider pilot (d. 2002)
- Eros Ramazzotti: Italian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Mart Saar: Estonian organist and composer (d. 1963).
- Demolition of the 1910 Pennsylvania Station begins in New York City. Demolition continues until 1966.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad At You
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?