Monday 28 October 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eros Ramazzotti and Lauren Holly.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The American Way Of Death by Jessica Mitford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1963!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 28 October 1963 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Eros Ramazzotti: Italian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Lauren Holly: Bristol, Pennsylvania -- Actress (Picket Fences).
- Isabelle Giordano: French journalist, television and radio presenter, and since late April 2013 the Executive Director of Unifrance Films.
- Patricia Barzyk
- Christian Plaziat: French decathlete, he won at the 1990 Split European championships.
- Sheryl Underwood: American comedian.
- Verónica Gamba: Argentinian model and actress.
- James Miller: American parachutist and paraglider pilot (d. 2002).
- Eros Ramazotti: Italian pop musician / songwriter (Adesso Te).
- Kevin Dineen: Quebec City, Quebec -- NHL right wing (Hartford Whalers).
- Lisa Bettio: Cleveland, Ohio -- WPVA volleyballer (Ft Myers Beach-17th - 1992).
- Veronica Gamba: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Playmate (November, 1983).
- Mart Saar: Estonian organist and composer (d. 1963).
- Demolition of the 1910 Pennsylvania Station begins in New York City. Demolition continues until 1966.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad At You
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?