Wednesday 15 October 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 15, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Milk, directed by Gus Van Sant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Anathem by Neal Stephenson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raising the Bar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BoneTown or Iron Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 October 2008
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 15 October 2008 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 October
- The US Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank, and the Swiss National Bank announce they will allow unlimited loans in US dollars.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average index falls 733 points (7.87 percent) to 8,577 points, its biggest percentage fall since October 1987. The United Kingdon's FTSE 100 falls 7.16 percent, Germany's Dax drops 6.49 percent, and France's Cac 40 loses 6.82 percent.
- 2008 Atlantic hurricane season: Hurricane Omar strengthens to a Category 3 hurricane as it nears the United States and United States Virgin Islands. (AP via ABC News)
- Retail sales in the United States decline by 1.2% in September 2008, a third successive month in decline and the sharpest decline in three years, further evidence that the United States economy is in a recession. (''USA Today'')
- The International Maritime Bureau claims that pirates have hijacked a bulk carrier with 21 crew members in the Gulf of Aden near Somalia. (AP via the ''Charlotte Observer'')
- The Waki Commission releases its report into the 2007–2008 Kenyan crisis which followed the disputed Kenyan presidential election, 2007. The Report found that senior politicians and businessmen—including up to six unnamed current cabinet ministers—had planned, financed and perpetrated the violence. (CNS News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2008?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
- Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight
- Can't Believe It - T-Pain Featuring Lil Wayne
- Jazmine Sullivan - Need U Bad
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Mrs. Officer - Lil Wayne Featuring Bobby Valentino & Kidd Kidd
- Got Money - Lil Wayne Featuring T-Pain
- Live Your Life - T.I. Featuring Rihanna
- Heaven Sent - Keyshia Cole
- Robin Thicke - Magic
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Vicente Fernandez - Para Siempre
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Flex - Te Quiero
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- La Cumbia Del Rio - Los Pikadientes de Caborca
- Amor Inmortal - Chayanne
- Hasta El Dia De Hoy - Dareyes de La Sierra
- Si No Te Hubieras Ido - Mana
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?