Wednesday 15 October 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Boys Will Be Boys by Jeff Pearlman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Review with Myles Barlow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories or Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 October 2008 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 October
- The US Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank, and the Swiss National Bank announce they will allow unlimited loans in US dollars.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average index falls 733 points (7.87 percent) to 8,577 points, its biggest percentage fall since October 1987. The United Kingdon's FTSE 100 falls 7.16 percent, Germany's Dax drops 6.49 percent, and France's Cac 40 loses 6.82 percent.
- 2008 Atlantic hurricane season: Hurricane Omar strengthens to a Category 3 hurricane as it nears the United States and United States Virgin Islands. (AP via ABC News)
- Retail sales in the United States decline by 1.2% in September 2008, a third successive month in decline and the sharpest decline in three years, further evidence that the United States economy is in a recession. (''USA Today'')
- The International Maritime Bureau claims that pirates have hijacked a bulk carrier with 21 crew members in the Gulf of Aden near Somalia. (AP via the ''Charlotte Observer'')
- The Waki Commission releases its report into the 2007–2008 Kenyan crisis which followed the disputed Kenyan presidential election, 2007. The Report found that senior politicians and businessmen—including up to six unnamed current cabinet ministers—had planned, financed and perpetrated the violence. (CNS News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 15 October 2008 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?