Sunday September 15, 1901
US date format: 9/15/1901, UK date format: 15/9/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 15, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sir Donald Bailey and Luigi Fantappie.
Photographing a Country Couple, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 15, 1901?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 15, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Silas Leachman - I'm Living Easy