Tuesday 17 September 1901
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Léon Lasson and Francis Chichester.
En casa del fotógrafo, directed by Eugenio Cardini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Helmet of Navarre by Bertha Runkle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1901!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1901 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Léon Lasson: French astrologer and author of "Astrologie mondiale : Quinze ans de paix sur l'Europe," 1938.
- Francis Chichester: English pilot and sailor (d. 1972).
- Battle at Elands River Port: Boer General Smuts destroys unit 17th Lancers
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm Living Easy - Silas Leachman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?