Monday 2 September 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andreas Embirikos and Adolph Rupp.
What Happened on Twenty-third Street, New York City, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1901
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1901!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1901 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Andreas Embirikos: Greek psychoanalyst and poet (d. 1975).
- Adolph Rupp: American basketball player and coach (d. 1977).
- VP Theodore Roosevelt advises, Speak softly & carry a big stick
- Vice President of the United States Theodore Roosevelt utters the famous phrase, ''Speak softly and carry a big stick'' at the Minnesota State Fair.