Monday 15 September 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Irène Andrieu and Viktor Zubkov.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1941 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Irène Andrieu: French karmic astrologer and writer.
- Viktor Zubkov: Russian businessman and politician 37th Prime Minister of Russia.
- George Saimes
- Yves Fromion
- Yuri Norstein: Russian animator.
- Flórián Albert: Hungarian footballer and manager (d. 2011).
- Miroslav Hermazewski: Poland -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 30).
- Mirosław Hermaszewski: Polish general pilot and astronaut.
- Yuriy Norshteyn: Russian animator director and screenwriter.
- Signe Anderson: American singer (Jefferson Airplane and KBC Band) (d. 2016).
- Florian Albert: Hungarian footballer.
- Signe Toly Anderson: American singer.
- Miros?aw Hermaszewski: Polish cosmonaut.
- Nazis kill 800 Jewish women at Shkudvil Lithuania
- The Estonian Self-Administration, headed by Hjalmar Mäe, is appointed by the German military administration.