Thursday August 15, 1901
US date format: 8/15/1901, UK date format: 15/8/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Hans Lorbeer and Byron Arnold.
Photographing a Country Couple, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 15, 1901?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- See more
- Arch Rock, danger to Bay shipping, blasted with 30 tons of nitro.
- Byron Arnold: Composer.
- Hans Lorbeer: Writer.
- Sulho Ranta: Composer.
- Arias Arnulfo three time president of Panama (1940-41: 1949-51, 1968).
- See more
- Karl Weinhold: Germany -- Sociologist, dies at 77.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 15, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - When You Were Sweet Sixteen