Wednesday 15 September 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Trisha Hershberger and Laila Boonyasak.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hard To Say I'm Sorry by Chicago.
In UK Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Storybook by William Kotzwinkle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of the Gold Monkey.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Demons to Diamonds or Snack Attack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1982!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1982 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Trisha Hershberger: YouTube Star.
- Laila Boonyasak: Thai actress and model.
- Du Juan: Chinese model and actress.
- 1st issue of USA Today published by Gannett Co Inc
- Pope John Paul II receives PLO leader Yasser Arafat
- Israeli forces begin pouring into west Beirut, Lebanon.
- First issue of USA Today published by Gannett Company Inc.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?