Thursday September 15, 1983
US date format: 9/15/1983, UK date format: 15/9/1983
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 15, 1983). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Yuka Hirata and Luke Hochevar.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maniac by Michael Sembello.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
Careful, He Might Hear You, directed by Carl Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Our Luck.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Glob or GATO.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 15, 1983?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- See more
- Cops beat to death Michael Stewart for graffiting NYC subway
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 15, 1983?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Asia - Don't Cry
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rick James - Cold Blooded
- The S.O.S. Band - Just Be Good To Me
- Jeffrey Osborne - Don't You Get So Mad
- Zapp - I Can Make You Dance
- Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack - Tonight I Celebrate My Love
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - You're Number One (In My Book)
- Herbie Hancock - Rockit
- New Edition - Is This The End
- Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody
- The Gap Band - Party Train
Sport Games on September 15, 1983
- Cincinnati Bengals - Cleveland Browns : 7 - 17
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?