Thursday 16 April 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Sorin and Anestis Agritis.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Kiss On My List by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Excalibur, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while You Can Negotiate Anything by Herb Cohen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Funny Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Frogger or Jump Bug.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 April 1981 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Olivier Sorin: French football/soccer goalkeeper, who played for Nancy (2000–2007), Auxerre (2007–2014) and Rennes (2014-).
- Anestis Agritis: Greek footballer.
- Maya Dunietz: Israeli singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Russell Harvard: American actor.
- Copperfield opens at ANTA Theater NYC for 13 performances
- Columbia space shuttle returns [04 / 24]
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- John Lennon - Woman
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Styx - The Best Of Times
- The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 16 April 1981 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?