Monday April 27, 1981
US date format: 4/27/1981, UK date format: 27/4/1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 27, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sandy Mölling and Fabrizio Faniello.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Pixote, directed by Hector Babenco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Company Of Women by Mary Gordon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Okres na severu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astrosmash or Super Cobra.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 27, 1981?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- See more
- Xerox introduces the Xerox 8010 Star Information System. It features graphics display, word processor, mouse, laser printer, Ethernet, and software for combining text and graphics Priced at about $16,000, the computer is not a commercial success. During its lifetime, 100,000 units are produced.
- Xerox PARC introduces the computer mouse.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 27, 1981?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- A Taste Of Honey - Sukiyaki
- Grover Washington, Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Champaign - How 'bout Us
- Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- Atlantic Starr - When Love Calls
- Chaka Khan - What Cha' Gonna Do For Me
- Tom Browne - Thighs High (Grip Your Hips And Move)
- The Whispers - It's A Love Thing
- Quincy Jones - Ai No Corrida (I-No-Ko-ree-da)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 27If April 27, 1981 is your birthday you're 39 years, 5 months, 2 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 29 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 27, 1981?
On April 27, 1981 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is April 27, 1981?
On April 27, 1981 the zodiac sign was Taurus.
Who was the US President on April 27, 1981?
On April 27, 1981 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 27, 1981?
On April 27, 1981 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on April 27, 1981?
On April 27, 1981 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on April 27, 1981?
On April 27, 1981 several famous people were born including, Sandy Mölling, Fabrizio Faniello, Joey Gathright.
What was the number one song in April 27, 1981?
The number one song in the week of April 27, 1981 was Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton in US and Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz in UK.
What were the top hits on April 27, 1981?
The top hits on April 27, 1981 were Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton, Just The Two Of Us by Grover Washington Jr., Being With You by Smokey Robinson in US and Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz, This Ole House by Shakin' Stevens, Lately by Stevie Wonder in UK.