Thursday 30 April 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Justin Vernon and Kunal Nayyar.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th Part 2, directed by Steve Miner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Last Mafioso by Ovid Demaris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Funny Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gorgon or Munchkin (Europe) K.C. Munchkin! (US).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1981!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1981 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Justin Vernon: Folk Singer.
- Kunal Nayyar: Indian/British actor.
- Tom Goss: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Nicole Kaczmarski: American basketball player.
- John O'Shea: New Zealand film director (Born 1920).
- Emma Pierson: English actress
- Megan Reinking: American actress and singer
- Ali Williams: New Zealand rugby player
- Can-Can opens at Minskoff Theater NYC for 5 performances
- 16th Academy of Country Music Awards: Barbara Mandrell and George Jones win.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?