Wednesday 29 April 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emilie Mondor and Alex Vincent.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th Part 2, directed by Steve Miner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Never-Say-Diet Book by Richard Simmons was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Funny Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Car Wars (TI 99/4A) or Crush, Crumble and Chomp!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1981!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1981 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Emilie Mondor: Canadian athlete (d. 2006).
- Alex Vincent: American actor.
- Lisa Allen: English chef.
- George McCartney: Northern Irish footballer.
- Émilie Mondor: Canadian runner (d. 2006).
- Tom Smith: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Editors and Magnus)
- Phillie Steve Carlton is 1st lefty to strike out 3,000 batters
- Peter Sutcliffe admits he is the Yorkshire Ripper (murdered 13 women).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?