Thursday 29 August 1918US date format: 8/29/1918, UK date format: 29/8/1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Garland Lawing and Jelle Zijlstra.
Shifting Sands, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1918 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Garland Lawing: American baseball player nicknamed "Knobby," a right-handed catcher who played two games for the Cincinnati Reds and eight games for the New York Giants during the summer of 1946.
- Jelle Zijlstra: Economist / Minister / President Netherlands Bank.
- Philippe Boulart: France sport Champion.
- Max Dauthendey: German author and painter (d. 1918).
- Bapaume taken by the New Zealand Division in the Hundred Days Offensive
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr