Friday 16 December 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Xander Berkeley and Carol M.
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
The Man with the Golden Arm, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Why Johnny Can'T Read by Rudolf Franz Flesch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 December 1955 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Xander Berkeley: American actor.
- Carol M: Browner; US Administrator (EPA).
- Prince Lorenz of Belgium: Archduke of Austria-Este.
- Carol Browner: American lawyer and environmentalist 8th Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Lorenz of Belgium: Archduke of Austria-Este.
- Chiharu Matsuyama: Japanese singer-songwriter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?