Tuesday 27 December 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include E Bell and Brad Murphey.
In UK Mambo Italiano by Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chevron Hall of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1955 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- E Bell: American actor.
- Brad Murphey: American-Australian race car driver.
- Barbara Olson: American journalist and author (d. 2001).
- Alfred Francis Blakeney Carpenter: English naval officer (Born 1881).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 December 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Dickie Valentine - Christmas Alphabet
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Ding Dong
- Max Bygraves - Meet Me On The Corner
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?