Sunday 16 December 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 16, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Jacob and Lizzy Mercier Descloux.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Baby Doll, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while This Hallowed Ground by Bruce Catton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1956 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Catherine Jacob: French actress, she won the Cesar award in 1988 for Best promising actress, playing in "Life is a long quiet river".
- Lizzy Mercier Descloux
- Spagna : Italian singer-songwriter.
- Lizzy Descloux: French musician singer-songwriter composer actress writer and painter (d. 2004).
- Nina Hamnett: Welsh-English painter (d. 1956).
- Fanny closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 888 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?