Tuesday 20 December 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Bokma and Sammy Mitchell.
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1955 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Pierre Bokma: Dutch actor (Avonden, Leedvermaak).
- Sammy Mitchell: US computer programmer (Qedit/TSE/Semware).
- David Breashears: American mountaineer director and producer.
- Ed Kuepper: German-Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Saints Laughing Clowns and The Apartments).
- Rory Markas: American sportscaster (Born 1955).
- Binali Yıldırım: Turkish lawyer and politician Turkish Minister of Transport
- Cardiff is proclaimed the capital city of Wales, United Kingdom.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 December 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?