Thursday 16 February 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Katt in Los Angeles and Peter Hain.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 16 February 1950 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- William Katt in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Greatest American Hero, First Love).
- Peter Hain: British politician, a Member of Parliament, returned at General Election 4/01/1991 to replace the deceased member, Donald Coleman.
- Roman Tam: Hong Kong singer (Roman and the Four Steps) (d. 2002).
- Kazuki Tomokawa: Japanese acid-folk singer.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 February 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - The Cry Of The Wild Goose
- Rag Mop - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?