Tuesday 14 February 1950, Valentine's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond van het Groenewoud and Raymond Van het Groenewoud.
No Man of Her Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1950 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Raymond van het Groenewoud: Belgian vocalist / actor (Brussels by Night).
- Raymond Van het Groenewoud: Belgian musician of Dutch descent, who sings primarily in Dutch.
- Frank Collison: American actor.
- Roger Fisher: American guitarist (Heart and Alias).
- Steve Woolgar: English sociologist and academic.
- USSR and China sign peace treaty.
- Chinese Civil War: The National Revolutionary Army instigates the unsuccessful Battle of Tianquan against the People's Liberation Army.
- Cold War:
- The Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China sign a mutual defense treaty.
- In an election speech at Edinburgh, Winston Churchill proposes ampquota parley at the summitampquot with Soviet leaders, first use of term ampquotsummitampquot for such a meeting.ampref name=ampquotKynastonampquotamp
- Juho Kusti Paasikivi is re-elected president of Finland.
- Walt Disney releases his 12th animated film, ''Cinderella'' in Hollywood.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - The Cry Of The Wild Goose
- Rag Mop - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?