Sunday 26 February 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Clark and Jonathan Cain.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Autobiography Of Will Rogers by Donald Day was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Show of Shows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 February 1950 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Helen Clark: New Zealand politician, the new Prime Minister at the beginning of the millennium.
- Jonathan Cain: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (Journey The Babys and Bad English).
- Jonathan Cain in Chicago: Illinois, USA; rock guitarist/keyboardist (Journey, Bad English, Babys).
- Bill Ritter: American journalist, news correspondent on ABC News out of New York and 20/20 and investigative reporter.
- James Bertelsen: St Paul sports Champions.
- Ott Arder: Estonian poet and author (d. 2004).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mills Brothers - Daddy's Little Girl
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Frank Sinatra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?