Saturday 11 February 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence Ellis and Johanna E "Joke" Beerens.
Stromboli, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1950 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Clarence Ellis: NFL Player.
- Johanna E "Joke" Beerens: Actress (Schipper Next to God).
- Earnest Jim: Istook; American politician (Representative-Republican-Oklahoma).
- Rochelle Fleming US soul vocalist ("First Choice": "Smarty Pants").
- Rag Mop by The Ames Brothers hit #1
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 February 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - The Cry Of The Wild Goose
- Rag Mop - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?