Tuesday 28 February 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ilene Graff in Brooklyn and Stephen Chatman.
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while This I Remember by Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cisco Kid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1950 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Ilene Graff in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Marsha - Mr Belvedere).
- Stephen Chatman: Composer.
- Paolo Podini: Italian dancer, married once, to Vera Karpenko (born 30 October 1970 in Vilnius, Lithuania).
- Futatsuryū Jun'ichi: Japanese sumo wrestler and coach (d. 2014).
- Frankie Kao: Taiwanese singer (d. 2014).
- Jaime Fabregas: Filipino actor and composer
- Alive & Kicking closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 46 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mills Brothers - Daddy's Little Girl
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Frank Sinatra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?