Tuesday 16 June 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Warrior (wrestler) and Desiree Rogers.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
Wild Strawberries, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Folk Medicine by Deforest Clinton Jarvis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1959!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 June 1959 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Warrior (wrestler)
- Desiree Rogers: American public relations executive and former Social Secretary for the White House.
- The Ultimate Warrior: American professional wrestler.
- James Hellwig: Wrestler.
- John Franklin: American actor and screenwriter.
- George Reeves: Actor (Superman, Gone with the Wind), shoots self at 45.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?