Thursday 11 June 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Laurie and Magnum TA.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Nun's Story, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1959 ?
- Hugh Laurie: English actor, comedian, writer, musician, and director.
- Magnum TA: American wrestler and sportscaster.
- US Postmaster General bans D.H. Lawrence's book Lady Chatterley's Lover.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 June 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?