Sunday 14 June 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcus Miller and Eddie Mekka.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
The Nun's Story, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The House Of Intellect by Jacques Barzun was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1959!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 June 1959 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Marcus Miller: American bass player composer and producer (SMV).
- Eddie Mekka: American actor and singer.
- The Matterhorn Mountain with its Matterhorn Bobsleds ride opens in Fantasyland at Disneyland in California. It is the first thrill ride at Disneyland, and the first ride to use cylindrical rails and urethane wheels. The mountain is 147 feet high, 1/100th the height of the real Matterhorn mountain, and uses 2175 steel girders. Final cost of the attraction is US$1.5 million.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?