Monday 16 May 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Debra Winger in Columbus and Jack Morris in Saint Paul.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Deadly, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sam and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1955 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Debra Winger in Columbus: Ohio, USA; actress (An Officer and a Gentleman).
- Jack Morris in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; pitcher (Detroit Tigers).
- Edgar Bronfman: American businessman, second of five children of Ann (Loeb) and Edgar Miles Bronfman.
- John Frawley: British astrologer, the editor of the "Astrologer's Apprentice" and a regular writer for a soccer magazine.
- Debra Winger: American actress whose films include "Urban Cowboy," 1980, "An Officer and a Gentleman," 1982 and "Terms of Endearment," 1983, for which she was nominated as Best Actress.
- Olga Korbut: Belarusian gymnast
- Jack Morris: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Hazel O'Connor: English-Irish singer-songwriter and actress
- Páidí Sé: Irish footballer and manager (d. 2012)
- James Agee: US critic / writer (Death in Family), dies in New York.
- King Baudouin of Belgium visits Congo
- Rocky Marciano TKOs Don Cockell in 9 for heavyweight boxing title
- Heavyweight Rocky Marciano knocks out Don Cockell in 9 rounds (San Francisco) for heavyweight boxing title.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?