Monday 16 May 1955US date format: 5/16/1955, UK date format: 16/5/1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Debra Winger and John Frawley.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me or Leave Me, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Terminus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1955 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Debra Winger: American actress whose films include "Urban Cowboy," 1980, "An Officer and a Gentleman," 1982 and "Terms of Endearment," 1983, for which she was nominated as Best Actress.
- John Frawley: British astrologer, the editor of the "Astrologer's Apprentice" and a regular writer for a soccer magazine.
- Jack Morris: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Edgar Bronfman: American businessman, second of five children of Ann (Loeb) and Edgar Miles Bronfman.
- Olga Korbut: Belarusian gymnast.
- Andrew Yang: Public Servant.
- Páidí Sé: Irish footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Hazel O'Connor: English-Irish singer-songwriter and actress.
- Debra Winger in Columbus: Ohio, USA; actress (An Officer and a Gentleman).
- Jack Morris in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; pitcher (Detroit Tigers).
- James Agee: US critic / writer (Death in Family), dies in New York.
- King Baudouin of Belgium visits Congo
- Rocky Marciano TKOs Don Cockell in 9 for heavyweight boxing title
- Heavyweight Rocky Marciano knocks out Don Cockell in 9 rounds (San Francisco) for heavyweight boxing title.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Tony Bennett - Stranger In Paradise
- Eddie Calvert - Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White
- Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White - Perez 'Prez' Prado & His Orchestra
- The Crew Cuts - Earth Angel
- Give Me Your Word - Tennessee Ernie Ford
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?